Biotta Carrot Juice
Carrot Juice contains a high content of beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. It is considered essential for the visual cycle (focusing the conversion of light stimuli into electrical impulses), pigment formation in the skin (browning), and as an antioxidant in the cells.
The vitamin A requirements of the eyes can increase up to fifty-fold when working with a computer, watching a lot of television, driving a car at night, and reading and writing under artificial light, all of which place great demands on the eyes.
Through ongoing selective seed-stock and growing processes, Biotta's Organic Carrot Juice is pressed from carrots, with a consistently high content of the carotenes along with the proprietary method of gently processing to preserve the health giving benefits of the fresh juice.
In a glass of carrot juice from 1 pound of fresh carrots, the following food values have been identified : 12g protein; 18g carbohydrates; 69mg calcium; 1.3mg iron; 635mg potassium; 20,460 International Units (IUs) vitamin A as beta carotene; 15mg vitamin C and small amounts of B vitamins. (United States Department of Agriculture handbook)
Carrot Juice may be helpful for the following:
• help maintain a healthy circulatory system
• helping support the immune system
• daily intake of carrot juice nourishes the optic system and can help maintain healthy eye function
• helping maintain healthy skin
• considered to be one of the nature's finest alkaline foods and has the ability to help maintain intestinal flora
• cleansing effect
• creating a feeling of general well-being
• helping maintain healthy cellular function
• conveniently and easily assimilated as juice
Due to it's alkalizing action in the body, carrot juice is considered to be an excellent source of helping maintain proper pH balances. It can also aid in alleviating flatulence.